Friday, August 12, 2016

Fitness and Blogging : It's All About Consistency

It was a gloomy Thursday morning, reminiscent previous morning mountain climbs, I woke up earlier than usual.  I was really excited on that 11th of August as I prepared for the Blogging 101 Event that Tag Media was conducting that day.

Various thoughts come to mind during my preparation. Questions like : How do I improve on my blog? How can I maximize the digital platform in sharing my advocacy of a Fitness Lifestyle through Blogging?  The more I think of all of these, the more I got excited.

I have started this blog around 2009 after realizing that work, life, balance could be achieved if we focus on Fitness as a base. This advocacy is what drives me to write posts despite not knowing if I do have a readership base or none at all. 

I realized that my blogging journey is like climbing a mountain. There are terrains that you need to navigate, sometimes, you stop and get frustrated not knowing how to start again, but, you move on.

The Blogging 101 Advocacy caught my attention knowing that the workshop would broaden my understanding on what I have been doing for the past seven years.
My Trusty Planners and Netbook


Few minutes before lunch time, I braved the heavy traffic and commuted my way from our place to Rufino Tower in Makati Central Business District.  

I was also looking forward to seeing two of my friends from the Journal and Planner Enthusiast Ph Community, JM and Shine, who also blog about their respective advocacies, namely the arts and a positive lifestyle.
JM, me and Shine having fun while learning.
Our facilitator, Engr Grace Bondad Nicolas, graciously spent half of the day to talk about the various forms of media, ethics and etiquette of blogging and other helpful information for new bloggers and insights for those who want to improve on their blogs.
LEARNING with like-minded individuals is always a fun thing.
As we were going through the workshop, I was thinking about how it was serendipitous for my friend Shine (of www.chosetoshinenow.blogspot.com) to invite me a few weeks ago for an interview on their program "Let's Talk About Career" at DZME with Engr Grace. 

This then had open doors for for this workshop that was indeed timely for this blog’s comeback.




Since this was a “Barter Workshop”, the attendees were requested to bring along healthy snacks to share and indeed we had fun in between learnings as we partook on what we have interpreted as “healthy” food snacks as most are concerned about losing the excess weight and are embarking their own ftness journey. The sharing of thoughts in relation to sharing of food we bought with us made it more intimate and refreshing.

I particularly enjoyed the Tuna Spread by Shine which had fueled me throughout the dynamic discussions.


Everyone was armed with their own weapon of choice for the workshop. 
Netbooks, notebooks, and even smartphones.  During the workshop, we were all requested to write a 300 word article about the event on the spot, after giving us guidelines on the How To's of Content Creation.

I had lots of fun and met new friends and, was pleasantly surprised that this batch is focused on “Advocacy”; Lifestyle, Motherhood, Positivity, Art ~ which is similar to what this blog has been all about since it had started.


           Engr Grace Bondad - Nicolas
    
www.theonlytribunepost.blogspot.com
Macky Mazotes Shipping / Maritime























Engr Grace noted that Networking is very important. 
One of the perks during events like this enhances your knowledge base as a person, broaden your relationship base and propel you to your success.  This is very much needed in various life adventures, be it writing blogs or heck, climbing mountains!

 After the workshop, we were quite positive that, armed with the learnings that we have, as with having  being motivated to embark on a Fitness Lifestyle, it’s all about consistently going through the process of writing and sharing that makes the blogging journey a successful one.


Group Photo

"Every mountaintop is within reach if you just keep on climbing."      Barry Finlay, Kilimanjaro & Beyond


Leaving the workshop these words came to mind. As in Fitness or blogging, consistency is key. They say it takes 21 Days to keep a habit but just keep on at it and for sure, what ever goals you have set, it all is within reach.

If you want to join this advocacy of blogging awareness and meet like-minded people, please feel free to contact grace@tagmedia.asia or call 0916 629 9281.

This for sure will be a fun and informative event that is worth your while if you want to improve on the way you blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment