Friday, November 25, 2011

Firefly Urban Night Fun Ride : Bike Advocacy Awareness


It is a strange trade that of advocacy. Your intellect, your highest heavenly gift is hung up in the shop window like a loaded pistol for sale.
      -Thomas Carlyle




Why do we bike?
You may ask --


I personally love the cool wind in my face as I bike my way around.
The sense of freedom that one has by just turning the wheels, by just pedalling..

Biking is one of life's simple pleasures that my dad had taught me when I was a little kid. I had good memories of him as he supported me and I felt his sense of pride as he watched me go about my merry way with my bike.

So I in turn ask, "Why not?"

As we grew older, we forgot how it feels to be free as a kid.
Busy with our day to day lives, we tend to forget how life is at its best in simplicity.

Simple, clean, fun -- this is what this post is about.
Sharing with you one of my advocacies: Biking.

A short fun night urban night ride on NOVEMBER 26, 2011

Assembly at 4.00pm SM MOA at the Firefly Lighting Xmas Tree area (near the Police Station)
where we have been invited to the pre-lighting activities of the Firefly Lighting Christmas Ride.


Ride around SM MOA at 4.30-5.30pm
then ride out to Manila and where our wings will take us!

Attach xmas accents to your ride para mas fun!
We'll also be announcing our Xmas Gift-giving plans.

Pace: 10-15kph
Kms: 10kms aorund SM MOA
Beyond SM MOA: 10-15kms

Requirement: No helmet, No Ride!
A fun, happy disposition and a love of night riding :)



No registration fees.
A funky, fun, useful surprise await early birds and participants  at the pre-lighting event :)



First 100 participants get a shirt. :) 


We're also signing a big get well soon card for Carmela Yap, a lady biker who is recovering from a jeep-bike accident


- An invitation from Firefly Brigade.. Come and join!

No comments:

Post a Comment