Saturday, January 28, 2012

Need Motivation? Try Skechers GO Run!


It was a crazy Friday evening, with workload that makes you want to wish that you'd be nearing finish line but still a bit way far off.  
My friend Vima's invitation for the Skecher's event was a breath of fresh air for me.


I have been reassessing my schedule lately and I have been noticing that I need to put in more hours for exercise, wondering if it is lack of motivation or just plain laziness.


What really caught my interest for the launch was its name. GO RUN.


It reminds me of those moments when you decide that you'd wake up in the morning for a run, yet, stay a little while in bed.. read your friend's Facebook updates via mobile.. and without you noticing it, the sun is way high up. 
The name, is a fancy way to counteract that bad habit of procastination and replace it with a mantra for motivation: GO RUN. I likey.


Jenny Arce and me
It was a fun event where I was able to meet new friends and reconnect with old friends. We were requested to wear our running outfit and it kinda felt weird since we were in a mall but, as I say, what better way to support the sport?


Michelle doing her presentation
The lady who did the presentation was Michelle Estuar. She started it with telling us how heel-striking, a gait that is common among runners, is ineffecient and dangerous since this has a jarring impact on the body.


She also informed us that mid-foot is the best way to run and how Skechers GO Run's mid-foot strike technology enhances the natural running performance of runners by positioning the body for an efficient mid-foot strike, reducing the impact of heel striking.


Skechers GO Run is launched as a new minimalistic lightweight running shoe line that integrates this technology. 





Since almost everyone is into barefoot running nowadays, I noticed that GO Run closely mimics barefoot running while wearing shoes due to its weight: about 6.9oz for male and 4.9oz for women. It also lets the foot function, letting it flex and twist allowing your foot to move as naturally as possible .



After dinner was served the bloggers were getting to know each other a little better, nine bloggers were called up for a challenge. We were caught off guard! I was thinking to myself "Oh! That explained why there were three treadmills set-up outside the store!". We were divided in three batches and was tasked to run 500 meters wearing Skechers GO Run, the first one to reach it the goal would bring home his or her own pair of GO Run!


It was an all out run for all of us and I was lucky enough to be 2secs ahead of my batch and am now a proud owner of a Skechers Women's GO RUN in Gray!



A while ago, when I woke up, two words came to mind : GO RUN. And I did.


"The race does not always go to the swift, but to the ones who keep running."
                                                -Anonymous

4 comments: