Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Bike Forest Bike!!!

Today, upon checking out my Facebook, I saw this event from The Firefly Brigade - Phils. 

It caught my attention because it brought back memories of the days when biking for me was just like breathing air.
 
Bike to work from Makati to Alabang and back; bike to the trails of Montalban (Padyak All The Way); heck, even bike to do groceries in SM Makati!








My pink KHS bike and Mel's blue Trek

Looking at my old pink bike, I was having flashbacks of how urban riding was so much fun that I have to re post this as an invite to all bike enthusiasts out there.

Mel of WOWPinay, Ricky of Firefly Brigade, Rissa of PinayFitness
11.12.11; 7am to 10am; Marikina City Hall






A Partnership Fun Ride to  highlight the International Year of the Forest, the 2nd Annual Science Film Festival and Clean Air Month.

 






Rissa, King of All Terra & Mel
Organizers:
Institute
French Embassy 
European Union
The Science Film Festival Committee

Partners:
Marikina Bikeways Office
Firefly Brigade
SM City Marikina
ABS-CBN Foundation
Pace: 10-15km per hour  Length: 20kms
Special Feature: Outdoor Film-showing of “Of Man and Forests”
Program Flow:
7.00am Assembly, Marikina City Hall
7.30am Opening Program
Welcome by SFF Organizers
Ride Briefing by Firefly Brigade
7.45-9.00am Ride Out
9.00-9.30am Closing Program, SM City Marikina
Welcome by Marikina City Administrator Victoriano Sabiniano
-talk about watershed management efforts/IYF efforts

Response of SFF Organizers (Goethe, Europenean Union)
and Introduction to Film-showing

Firefly Brigade Closing and Thank you to Bikers.

This activity also supports the National Greening Program
--- I want to join.. who's interested? 
Let's meet up Pinays!

No comments:

Post a Comment